There is this joke, about re-habitation centers which will cure you of Facebook addiction. Now, I do not know if such a center exists. However, the possibility of the need of something similar cannot be ruled out. One of my friends calls it a time-waste experience. There are some people who try and estimate how much time is the world wasting on a platform which offers nothing constructive. If you agree even partially to any of the above thoughts or have similar views on Social Networking, and wish to seriously help yourself or some one you know, this is the list of steps you can take to initially limit and finally give up Facebook from the wonderful phenomenon of Life.
- First things First - Uninstall the phone application. Period. Yes, No more Facebook as a means to escape the situation of being in the elevator, or in a traffic situation. A phone is a phone is a phone - and not a Facebook device.
- Allot a set amount of time for Social Networking - LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter included. One hour over the weekend may be.
- Zero down how many REAL friends you have on your network and inform them of your goal so that you can be in touch by alternate means.
- Follow the Newspaper religiously to know about happenings and events which you otherwise would know via Facebook.
- Appreciate the power of Now and be Present in whatever you are doing to reduce the urge to constantly inform everyone you know.
- Be content with your Life without constantly feeling the need to show off to the World.